Recent News Featuring Genie Harrison
Recent Podcasts Featuring Genie Harrison
Genie was a guest on “The Daily.” In this (audio only) podcast with New York Times journalist Jodi Kantor titled: The Harvey Weinstein Case, Part 2. Genie discusses our client, Jane Doe, and the difficult decisions victims have to make when deciding what action to take against their perpetrators.
Genie is a guest on this podcast with Benjy Smith and Louis Benowitz at Law Flip. In this podcast, Genie discusses the Me Too Movement, her own survivor story, how she grew her law practice and her involvement in the Harvey Weinstein legal battle.
Magazine & Newspaper Articles
Super Lawyers Magazine featured a moving and inspiring story on Genie Harrison titled The Dignity Deposit: The Personal harassment cases that made an employment attorney our of Genie Harrison.
Ms. Harrison frequently offers her expertise to other attorneys and the media. Here is a partial list of articles by and about Genie Harrison.
- 01/18 — The Advocate — “Using Closing Argument To Support Your ‘Plaintiff Jurors’ in Deliberation. Read the article HERE >
- 04/18 — “Attorney Privilege Is Alive And Well” by Genie Harrison for Law 360 –Read the article HERE >
- 09/18 — “More Time for #MeToo Victims” by Genie Harrison for the Daily Journal.
- 10/18 — “Bill is critical component of sea change in women’s rights” by Genie Harrison for the Daily Journal. Read the article HERE >
- 10/18 — “Me too” and “not me too” evidence in employment litigation: Proving that an employee harassed or the employer discriminated against similarly situated individuals other than the plaintiff. By Genie Harrison, Mary Olszewska and Amber Phillips for The Advocate.
- 06/17 — “When Your Boss Isn’t Decent Enough to Say, ‘You’re Fired’” by Genie Harrison, Genie Harrison’s Analysis of FBI Director James Comey’s Firing for Law360.com.
- 06/17 — “Uber won’t name and shame the alleged harassers it fired, and it doesn’t have to” by Tracey Lien, LA Times
- 06/17 — “Comey Hearing Parallels What Fired Employees Face in Court” by Genie Harrison for Law360.com.
- 08/17 — “California Employer Questions After Charlottesville” by Genie Harrison for Law 360.
- 09/17 — “The Truth About Rolling Back Obama-Era Title IX Guidelines” by Genie Harrison for Law 360.
- 07/15 — The Advocate- “Empowering and Inspiring Your Inner Trial Lawyer”
- 02/12 — The Advocate – “On Being the Best Trial Lawyer One Can Be”
- 01/11 — AAJ article — “Will Consumer and Employment Class Actions Survive SCOTUS?”
- 10/07 – Los Angeles Times story on Genie Harrison: “Bears, Bullies and Victimizers Beware”
- 12/05 – Los Angeles Employment Lawyer – Barrett S. Litt and Genie Harrison, “Statutory Damages in Class Actions”