Whistleblower Retaliation

Whistleblowers are courageous individuals who report wrongdoing by their employers in order to protect the well-being of fellow employees or the public at large, often at a great risk to their own livelihood, job security and safety. We protect the rights of California employees that act as whistleblowers and report illegal activity in the workplace.

Our staff speaks Spanish, Armenian, Farsi, and French.

(213) 805-5301

Whistleblower retaliation lawyers at the Genie Harrison Law Firm in California

We Are Whistleblower Attorneys With A Proven Record For Protecting Employees

It can be confusing to know what your rights are. Federal and California state employment laws are complex and they are always changing. Under California law, an employer may not fire an employee in retaliation for that employee engaging in whistle blowing, which generally consists of complaining about or reporting certain specified conduct that he or she reasonably perceives to be unlawful, fraudulent or unethical.

Any employee reporting illegal activity in the workplace is protected by the Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA) and other federal laws designed to encourage the identification of illegal activity without fear of reprisals.

There are many ways that employers retaliate against employees. If you believe you have been retaliated against or fired for engaging in whistleblowing or refusing to participate in unlawful or unethical conduct, call our staff at (213) 805-5301 to screen your case and make an appointment with the appropriate attorney. Our firm also counsels individuals prior to termination and can assist with the negotiation of exit packages.

Additional Legal Resources:

In California, many claims require that you to file a complaint with the appropriate government agency prior to filing a lawsuit. For example, for claims related to age, disability or medical condition, requests for disability leave, gender, marital status, medical leave, national origin, pregnancy or related condition, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or retaliation for reporting conduct reasonably believed to be illegal, including harassment or discrimination, you may likely need to file an initial complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov).

Similarly, if you work for a public agency, you may need to first file a California Government Tort Claim prior to filing a lawsuit. CLICK HERE> for more information if you were employed by a California public agency.

Please contact one of our wrongful termination lawyers to determine if you have a viable claim and need to file a prerequisite complaint with a government agency.

Tell us about your case:

If you have been fired or your working environment has become intolerable because of illegal activity in the workplace, put the legal experience of Los Angeles whistleblower attorneys at the Genie Harrison Law Firm to work for you. Call us at (213) 805-5301 to schedule a completely confidential consultation, or use the email form below to provide us with a brief description of your case.

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Phone Number (required)

    How would you like to be contacted? Check all that may apply:


    May we have your consent to share your contact information with another law firm should we decide to refer your matter. Please note that the details of your matter are not shared and will remain confidential. (required)
    Yes, you have my consent.No

    How did you hear about us:

    Type of case. Check all that apply:

    Wrongful TerminationSexual HarassmentOther HarassmentDiscriminationDisability DiscriminationEqual Pay for Women / Gender DiscriminationRetaliationWhistleblower RetaliationWage & Hour ViolationsFraudSeverance NegotiationOther Employment IssueSexual Assault At Work or SchoolI Am A Caregiver

    How can we help you? (Brief description of your legal issue)


    Read about the mobile apps created by Genie Harrison to help victims.

    go to mobile apps for victims


    Tell us about your case.

    Tell us about your employment case