Sexual Harassment Lawyers at the Genie Harrison Law Firm Protect the Civil Rights of California Employees
What is “Sexual Harassment?”
Sexual harassment in the workplace is an all too common and serious matter. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is specifically defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual’s employment.
Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:
- Sexual harassment could be either verbal or physical abuse.
- The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim may be of the same sex.
- The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, and agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker or a non-employee.
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
- Unlawful sexual harassment may be without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.
- The harasser’s conduct must be unwelcome.
If you are the victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, or an other professional or social situation, you may feel powerless, vulnerable and afraid to speak out. The employment lawyers at the Genie Harrison Law Firm can consult with you on all issues of sexual and inappropriate conduct in the workplace. Careful documentation and recording of the offending activities and the responses of your employer will also be required to seek relief in the courts. Our experienced attorneys can tell you if you have a sexual harassment claim and assist you in handling your sexual harassment complaint.
Employees have rights. You have the right to be free from harassment at work. You are not powerless. You just need someone to help you. Start justice. Contact us now.
Click here for more on SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAW AND HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF.
If you feel that you have a sexual harassment claim and your workplace has become a hostile environment, put the legal experience of the attorneys at the Genie Harrison Law Firm to work for you. Call our staff at (213) 805-5301 to screen your case and make an appointment with the appropriate attorney.
Call (213) 805-5301 to schedule a consultation. Se habla español.