About Employment and Sexual Harassment Attorney Genie Harrison:
Phone: (213) 805-5301
Fax: (213) 805-5306
The results Genie Harrison has obtained speak for themselves – both in terms of compensation obtained for her clients and in terms of the systemic change she has created to better the lives of thousands who will never know her name, but whose lives are better as a result of her work.
Genie has been acknowledged with rare distinction: she has been named to the Southern California Super Lawyers List in Plaintiff’s Employment litigation for ten years in a row (2009-2018), for which only 5% of all attorneys in the state qualify in any single year. For three years in a row, 2016-2018, Genie Harrison has been listed on the list of Top 10 Super Lawyers in Southern California and is currently the second highest ranked lawyer on that list.
Genie is one of only two women lawyers in the state of California named by the Daily Journal as one of the state’s Top Labor & Employment lawyers for seven years (2009-2013, 2016-2017). She has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, as has her law firm, for her work in Plaintiff’s Employment Litigation.
Genie gives of her time and expertise generously each year teaching litigation and trial skills to other lawyers through her volunteer work on boards and committees of various trial lawyer organizations, and through publishing articles locally and nationally.
Genie Harrison serves in the following capacity for various organizations:
- Currently the 2nd Vice President of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’ (CAALA) Executive Committee. CAALA is the nation’s largest local association of plaintiffs’ trial attorneys. In 2021, Ms. Harrison will be President of CAALA – she will be the fifth female president of the organization in it’s 70th Anniversary year. She has served on the Board of Governors since 2008 and has co-chaired then chaired CAALA’s Education Committee and its Annual Las Vegas Convention for three years.
- From 2008 through 2017, Ms. Harrison has served as a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Labor & Employment Section Executive Committee (LACBA).
- Honorary member of the Board of Trial Lawyers Charities.
Genie Harrison is an outstanding advocate for plaintiffs in employment and civil rights cases. She does this work because she believes that you deserve justice.
CLICK HERE for videos of Genie Harrison >
Take back your power. Contact us now at (213) 805-5301. Se habla español.
Our multilingual staff speaks Spanish, Armenian, Arabic, Farsi and French.
Genie Harrison In The News:
January 26, 2018 — Worst. Job. Ever.: NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Coverage of Sandeep Rehal vs. Harvey Weinstein Lawsuit. For the story in the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, CLICK HERE.
January 26, 2018 — DAILY JOURNAL Coverage of Sandeep Rehal vs. Harvey Weinstein Lawsuit. For the story in the DAILY JOURNAL, CLICK HERE.
January 25, 2018 — Genie Harrison comments to LOS ANGELES TIMES on Sandeep Rehal’s Lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein. For the story in the Los Angeles Times, CLICK HERE.
January 25, 2018 — Washington Post Coverage of Sandeep Rehal’s Sexual Harassment and Discrimination lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, CLICK HERE>
January 25, 2018 — Former Harvey Weinstein Assistant Sues for Sexual Harassment and Discrimination. For the story in Variety, CLICK HERE>
January 18, 2018 — Weinstein allegedly deleted personnel files of assistant Sandeep Rehal. For the story in the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, CLICK HERE>
January 17, 2018 — Vanity Fair Harvey Weinstein Story Mentions Genie Harrison Law Firm Client Sandeep Rehal, Harvey Weinstein’s Former Personal Assistant. For the story in Vanity Fair, CLICK HERE>
December 20, 2017 — Genie Harrison’s Comments in Washington Post on the USA Gymnastics Confidential Settlement Agreement with McKayla Maroney: CLICK HERE>
December 13, 2017 — Genie Harrison Interviewed by Los Angeles Times About Sexual Harassment in Sacramento. For more, CLICK HERE>
December 9, 2017 — Genie Harrison on TV Show IN FOCUS: Defining Sexual Harassment. CLICK HERE for videos>
December 6, 2017 — Sandeep Kehal Filing Suit Against Harvey Weinstein. For the story in the LOS ANGELES TIMES CLICK HERE>
December 6, 2017 — Genie Harrison Law Firm Client Sandeep Rehal, Harvey Weinstein’s Former Assistant, To Sue for Sexual Harassment, Retaliation and Gender Discrimination. For the story in the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, CLICK HERE>
December 6, 2017 — Weinstein’s former personal assistant, is filing suit against Harvey Weinstein. For Sandeep Rehal’s feature story in THE NEW YORK TIMES, CLICK HERE>
November 28, 2017 — Genie Harrison Testifying at California Assembly Rules Subcommittee on Sexual Harassment in Sacramento VIDEO HERE>
November 28, 2017 — ABC RADIO SYDNEY Interview with Genie Harrison Regarding Harvey Weinstein Charges LISTEN HERE>
November 10, 2017 — Genie Harrison Interviewed by REFINERY 29 about Louis C.K. Sexual Harassment Cases READ MORE>
November 9, 2017— Genie Harrison Interviewed by HUFFINGTON POST About Title IX Case at Princeton READ MORE>
November 4, 2017 — Genie Harrison’s LOS ANGELES TIMES Interview on Kevin Spacey Sexual Harassment Cases READ MORE >
November 2, 2017 — THE WASHINGTON POST Discusses Confidentiality Agreements for Victims of Sexual Harassment with Los Angeles Attorney Genie Harrison READ MORE>
October 31, 2017 — DR. DREW Interviews Genie Harrison about Hollywood Sexual Harassment Cases AUDIO HERE>
October 16, 2017 — DR. DREW Interviews Genie Harrison on Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment Cases AUDIO HERE>
October 10, 2017 — VARIETY Interviews Genie Harrison About the Sexual Harassment and Abuse Claims Against Harvey Weinstein READ MORE>
October 6, 2017 — LOS ANGELES DAILY NEWS with Genie Harrison on DeVos Ruling Rolling Back Enforcement of Title IX Guidelines READ MORE>
September 26, 2017 — Genie Harrison at LAW360.COM on DeVos’ Rollback of Title IX Protection Guidelines READ MORE>
August 22, 2017 — Genie Harrison Gives Expert Analysis to LAW360.COM on Charlottesville Demonstrators READ MORE>
August 8, 2017 — LOS ANGELES TIMES Interviews Genie Harrison About Sexual Harassment Case at Google READ MORE>
July 19, 2017 — Genie Harrison Recognized as Top Labor & Employment Lawyer by DAILY JOURNAL READ MORE>
June 12, 2017 — Genie Harrison’s Analysis at LAW360.com on FBI Director James Comey’s Hearing READ MORE>
June 7, 2017 — LOS ANGELES TIMES Seeks Genie Harrison’s Expert Opinion On Uber Sexual Harassment Cases READ MORE>
About Attorney Genie Harrison’s Awards and Honors:
In recognition of her accomplishments, Ms. Harrison has received or been nominated for all of the following:
More About Attorney Genie Harrison:
- California, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, CA, J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1992
- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois,
B.S., International Business, 1989
(Click on each association listed below for additional information)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, (CAALA), Executive Committee 2nd Vice President (2018)
- California Women’s Law Center, (CWLC) Board Member
- California Employment Lawyers, (CELA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, (CAOC)
- National Employment Lawyers Association, (NELA)
- The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities
- The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
MAGAZINE AND NEWS ARTICLES
Ms. Harrison frequently offers her expertise to other attorneys and the media. Here is a partial list of articles by and about Genie Harrison.
- 1/11 – AAJ article — “Will Consumer and Employment Class Actions Survive SCOTUS?”
- 2/12 – The Advocate – “On Being the Best Trial Lawyer One Can Be”
- 7/15 – The Advocate- “Empowering and Inspiring Your Inner Trial Lawyer;”
- 6/6/17 – “When Your Boss Isn’t Decent Enough to Say, ‘You’re Fired’” by Genie Harrison, Genie Harrison’s Analysis of FBI Director James Comey’s Firing for Law360.com CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LAW360.COM >
- 6/7/17 – “Uber won’t name and shame the alleged harassers it fired, and it doesn’t have to” by Tracey Lien, LA Times CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LATIMES.COM >
- 6/12/17 – “Comey Hearing Parallels What Fired Employees Face in Court” by Genie Harrison for Law360.c0m.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LAW360.COM >
SEMINARS AND SPEAKING EVENTS
Ms. Harrison frequently teaches and lends her expertise to other attorneys at events and seminars throughout California. Here is a partial list of seminars and speaking events by Genie Harrison.
- 10/05 – CELA’s Annual Conference, Presenter – “Employment Law 101 – Discovery”
- 8/07 (est.) — Tom Girardi’s “Champions of Justice” Radio Program
- 9/07 — CELA’s Annual Conference, Presenter – “Making the Pain Real: Emotional Distress Damages”
- 11/07 – CAOC Annual Convention – “I’d Rather Be a Hammer Than a Nail ‘Get Up, Stand Up, Stand Up for Your Rights!’” – “Who Let the Dogs Out” and What Happened After They Fed Alpo to the Fire Fighter
- 5/08 – LACBA’s Labor & Employment Section Annual Retreat, Presenter – “Elimination of Bias – Wishful Thinking or Real Progress”
- 5/08 – CAALA’s Voir Dire Methods for the Plaintiff Lawyer Seminar, Presenter – “Voir Dire in Employment Cases”
- 11/08 – CAOC’s Annual Convention, Presenter – “Identifying Actionable Sexual Harassment Claims”
- 5/09 – The 2009 Labor & Employment Law Section Annual Retreat, Moderator of “Judicial Perspectives” Panel
- 8/09– The 23rd Annual Jack Daniels/Los Angeles ABOTA Trial School, Presenter – “Insider’s Perspective”
- 9/09 — CAALA’s Annual Las Vegas Convention, Presenter – “Developments in Employment Class Actions and Wage & Hour Claims”
- 10/09 — CELA’s Annual Conference – Special Skills Seminar – Mock Trial Opening Statement Demonstration
- 4/10 – CAALA’s Voir Dire by the Masters
- 9/10 – Co-Chair of CAALA’s Annual Convention
- 3/11 – NELA’s Trial Advocacy for the Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyer program. “Using Your iPad to Try the Case.”
- 9/11 – Co-Chair of CAALA’s Annual Convention – Moderator of three panels (Demonstrative Evidence & Technology; Law & Motion; Commercial Torts)
- 3/12 – 15th Annual Trial Lawyer Skills for the New Attorney 2012, Presenter – “What the New Lawyer Needs to Know About Employment Cases”
- 3/12 – 32nd Annual LACBA Labor & Employment Symposium, Presenter – “Vexatious Litigation: Tackling the Tough Topics in Discovery Disputes”
- 4/12 – CAALA Webinar, Moderator – “Taking Depositions of Psychological Experts”
- 9/12 – CAALA’s Annual Convention – Presenter — “Investigating Employment Cases Before Discovery”
- 10/12 –CELA’s Annual Conference, Presenter – Special Skills Seminar on Focus Groups
- 11/12 – Presenter – CAOC’s Annual Conference – “Law & Motion Basics”
- 2/13 – Co-Chair & Moderator – CAALA & ASCDC – New Court Procedures Seminar
- 5/13 – LACBA Labor & Employment Section Annual Retreat, Moderator – “Ethics in Employment Law Cases”
- 6/13 – Presenter – BHBA “Proving and Defending Emotional Distress Damages in Employment Litigation”
- 9/13 – Co-Chair of CAALA’s Annual Convention & Moderator “Science of Persuasion” Panel
- 2/14 – LACBA Labor & Employment Section Annual Symposium — Speaker & Moderator “Working With Transgender Clients and Co-Workers”
- 3/14 – CAALA’s Annual Trial Skills for the New Attorney, Presenter — “The Trial Part 1”
- 4/14 – CAALA’s Inaugural Plaintiffs Trial Academy, Teacher — “Trial Preparation, Strategy & Tactics”
- 9/14 – CAALA 2014 Annual Conference — Master Speakers – Speaker “Empowering and Inspiring Your Inner Trial Lawyer” — sole woman trial lawyer on panel with Browne Greene, Jack Denove, Carl Douglas, Carney Shegerian and Arash Homampour (800+ audience members);
- 10/14 – CELA Annual Conference — Speaker — “Obtaining Larger Damage Awards”
- 2/15 – CAALA-Trial Technology Seminar — “Using PowerPoint Presentations in Trial”
- 3/15 – CAALA”s Annual Trial Skills for the New Attorney — Presenter “Summary Judgments”
- 5/15 – CAALA’s Second Annual Plaintiffs Trial Academy — Presenter — “Plaintiff’s Case in Chief”
- 9/15 – CAALA 2015 Annual Conference — Speaker: “The California Family Rights Act & Pregnancy Disability Leave Law” Moderator: Master Speaker Session “The Road to Trial Success From The Masters”
- 1/16 – Pepperdine Law School, “Employment Law Dispute Resolution Basics”
- 3/9/16 – LACBA Labor & Employment Law Section – Annual Symposium – Speaker — Technology in Trial
- 5/10/16 – CAALA’s “How to Start, Build & Run Your Practice” Roundtable Discussion
- 5/25/16 – CELA’s Diversity Leadership Summit – Keynote Speaker
- 6/8/16 – CAALA’s Third Annual Plaintiffs Trial Academy – Presenter- “Defendant’s Case in Chief”
- 9/3/16 – CAALA 2016 Annual Conference – Speaker: “Preparing Plaintiffs for Direct and Cross Examination”
- 11/12/16 – CAOC’s Annual Convention – Speaker: “Gender Discrimination in the Law”
- 3/17 — CAALA’s Annual Trial Skills for the New Attorney – Speaker “The Trial Part II – Procedures, Presenting Evidence, Preparing Witnesses, Direct and Cross Examination”
- 4/6/17 – Association of Workplace Investigators – Speaker “Conversation With” Series
- 6/5/17 – CAALA’s Fourth Annual Plaintiffs Trial Academy – Presenter — “Plaintiff’s Case in Chief”
- 9/2/17 – CAALA’s 2017 Annual Conference – Speaker: “Closing Argument Demonstrations”
- 11/2/17 — CAOC Annual Conference — Speaker: “For Women Jedis: Women In The Courtroom”
Genie Harrison was honored to speak at the 2017 Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) conference alongside Amy Fisch Solomon and Sonia Chopra on CAOC’s Annual Conference panel entitled “For Women Jedis: Women In The Courtroom.” Genie gave an inspiring and educational speech about her keys to winning at trial. Her entertaining presentation incorporated storytelling elements from Game of Thrones — sorry for the spoilers — and inspired with a cool mashup of Daenerys Targaryen clips and her “Faith in Myself” speech.
Click on the YouTube video above of Daenerys’ speech so you can be inspired too.
This episode of Master Practice by Power Liens and Verdict Videos features Genie Harrison, founder of the Genie Harrison Law Firm. A survivor of sexual abuse herself, she is widely recognized as a fierce advocate for victims of sexual abuse, employment harassment and discrimination.
Click the YouTube video about to watch her story.