Beatriz represents clients in cases involving employment discrimination, wrongful termination, whistleblower retaliation, sexual harassment and sexual assault.
Beatriz Alfaro is an Associate Attorney with the Genie Harrison Law Firm. Born in El Salvador and raised in Los Angeles, Ms. Alfaro earned her undergraduate degree from Loyola Marymount University where she double majored in Women’s Studies and Spanish. Working in both Harvard University’s Latino Leadership Initiative project and the UCLA Law Fellows Program, Ms. Alfaro developed an early passion for public service, promoting diversity, and gender equality. Following this passion for employment discrimination law, Ms. Alfaro received her law degree from the UC Davis School of Law.
While in law school, Ms. Alfaro clerked at the Santa Monica City Attorney’s Office, Yolo County District Attorney’s Office, and Attorney General’s Office in Los Angeles. In the fall of 2015, Ms. Alfaro externed for Associate Justice Elena Duarte at the Third District Court of Appeal. After externing with Justice Duarte, Ms. Alfaro secured a Civil Rights Fellowship with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing where she worked as an employment discrimination lawyer and investigated and prosecuted discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations matters.
Ms. Alfaro was also recognized for her work in employment discrimination law by Hispanas Organized for Political Equality (HOPE) with the Future History Maker Award. In 2018, the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) recognized Ms. Alfaro as a Hispanic Heritage Month Honoree.
Ms. Alfaro is a native Spanish speaker and hopes to always partake in mentoring programs since they were fundamental to her success.
- 2018 Six Figure Settlement against California Public Entity
- 2019 Six Figure Settlement against National Corporation
- 2019 Seven Figure Settlement Against International Corporate Employer
More About Beatriz Alfaro:
Beatriz Alfaro joined the Genie Harrison Law Firm in 2019.
- State Bar of California, 2016
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2016
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Spanish and Women’s Studies, 2013
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- 2019 – Loyola Marymount University, Department of Women & Gender Studies
- 2018 — Loyola Marymount University Law Panel
- 2018 — Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Hispanic Heritage Month Honoree — https://www.lacba.org/about-us-menu/lacba-featured-members/lacba-hispanic-heritage-month-honorees
- 2016 — Loyola Marymount University Alumna Spotlight — https://bellarminenews.lmu.edu/alumni-spotlight-beatriz-alfaro-13/