Phone: (213) 805-5301
Fax: (213) 805-5306
About Employment and Women’s Rights Lawyer Genie Harrison
The results Ms. Harrison has obtained speak for themselves – both in terms of compensation obtained for her clients and in terms of the systemic change she has created to better the lives of thousands who will never know her name, but whose lives are better as a result of her work.
Ms. Harrison has been acknowledged with rare distinction: she has been named to the Southern California Super Lawyers List in Plaintiff’s Employment litigation for ten years in a row (2009-2018), for which only 5% of all attorneys in the state qualify in any single year. For three years in a row, 2016-2018, Genie Harrison has been listed on the list of Top 10 Super Lawyers in Southern California and in 2017 was ranked #3 on that prestigious list. She has been listed as one of the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers from 2016-2018, and has been listed as one of the Top 50 Southern California Women Super Lawyers. Ms. Harrison is one of only two women lawyers in the state of California named by the Daily Journal as one of the state’s Top Labor & Employment lawyers for seven years (2009-2013, 2016-2017). Ms. Harrison has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, as has her law firm, for her work in Plaintiff’s Employment Litigation.
Ms. Harrison gives of her time and expertise generously each year teaching litigation and trial skills to other lawyers through her volunteer work on boards and committees of various trial lawyer organizations, and through publishing articles locally and nationally. Significantly, Ms. Harrison serves in the following capacity for various organizations:
- Currently the Treasurer of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’ (CAALA) Executive Committee. CAALA is the nation’s largest local association of plaintiffs’ trial attorneys. In 2021, Ms. Harrison will be President of CAALA – she will be the fifth female president of the organization in it’s 70th Anniversary year. She has served on the Board of Governors since 2008. Ms. Harrison co-chaired then chaired CAALA’s Education Committee and its Annual Las Vegas Convention for three years.
- From 2008 through 2017, Ms. Harrison has served as a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Labor & Employment Section Executive Committee (LACBA).
- Honorary member of the Board of Trial Lawyers Charities.
Genie Harrison is an outstanding advocate for plaintiffs in employment and civil rights cases. She does this work because she believes that you deserve justice.
- California, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, CA, J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1992
- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois,
B.S., International Business, 1989
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS: (Click on each association listed below for additional information)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, (CAALA), Executive Committee Treasurer (2017)
- California Women’s Law Center, (CWLC) Board Member
- California Employment Lawyers, (CELA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, (CAOC)
- National Employment Lawyers Association, (NELA)
- The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities
- The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
GENIE HARRISON IN THE MEDIA:
In The Washington Post, Los Angeles sexual harassment attorney, Genie Harrison, discusses the advantages and disadvantages of confidentiality agreements in sexual harassment settlements.
November 2, 2017 – by Danielle Paquette
CLICK HERE for the entire story in the Washington Post.
Dr. Drew Interviews Genie Harrison About Hollywood Sexual Harassment Cases
October 31, 2017, 1:00 p.m. – Genie Harrison is going to be back on KABC 790 AM radio today to continue a discussion with Dr. Drew about the recent sexual harassment and abuse cases that are rocking Hollywood’s elite.
Dr. Drew Interviews Genie Harrison About Harvey Weinstein and Sexual Harassment Law
October 16, 2017, 1:30 p.m. – Dr. Drew will be interviewing Los Angeles sexual harassment attorney Genie Harrison about Harvey Weinstein and what goes on in sexual harassment settlement negotiations, why victims sign confidentiality clauses, statues of limitations, individual and company liability, etc.
Variety Interviews Genie Harrison About Harvey Weinstein and the Sexual Harassment and Sexual Abuse Claims Against Him
October 10, 2017 – by Brent Lang and Gene Maddaus
The Fall of Harvey Weinstein: From Indie Powerhouse to Hollywood Pariah
CLICK HERE for the entire story at Variety.com.
Genie Harrison’s Law360 Article About DeVos’ Rollback of Title IX Protection Guidelines.
September 27, 2017 – By Genie Harrison. “The Truth About Rolling Back Obama-Era Title IX Guidelines” CLICK HERE for the story.
Genie Harrison Named to the 2018 Super Lawyers TOP 10 LIST
September 21, 2017 – Genie Harrison is honored to be selected again to the Top 10 List of Super Lawyers in Southern California. This is Genie’s 3rd straight year on the Top 10 List.
Genie Harrison Gives Expert Analysis at Law360.com on Questions After Charlottesville Demonstration
August 22, 2017 – By Genie Harrison. “California Employer Questions After Charlottesville” CLICK HERE for the story.
Genie Harrison’s Analysis of FBI Director James Comey’s Hearing at Law360.com
June 12, 2017 – “Comey Hearing Parallels What Fired Employees Face in Court” by Genie Harrison
CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LAW360.COM >
LA Times Seeks Genie Harrison’s Expert Opinion On Uber Sexual Harassment Case
June 7, 2017 – “Uber won’t name and shame the alleged harassers it fired, and it doesn’t have to” by Tracey Lien, LA Times CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LATIMES.COM >
Genie Harrison’s Analysis of FBI Director James Comey’s Firing on Law360.com
June 6, 2017 – “When Your Boss Isn’t Decent Enough to Say, ‘You’re Fired’” by Genie Harrison
CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LAW360.COM >
Genie Harrison in June 2017 Issue of Angeleno Magazine
June 1, 2017 – Genie Harrison is honored to have been included in Angeleno Magazine’s June 2017 issue featuring Angeleno’s Power Players, profiles of business people who are some of the best influencers and contributors in Los Angeles. CLICK HERE to see Genie Harrison’s profile in the digital edition of Angeleno.
Genie Harrison Interviewed by The Independent About Sexual Harassment
April 12, 2017 – “Sexual Harassment Laws Leave Gap for VCs, Founders” by Reed Albergotti, The Independent CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY >
Genie Harrison Ranked #3 by Super Lawyers Magazine
January 26, 2017 – Genie Harrison was named among the Top 10 Super Lawyers in Southern California for the second year in a row. This year, she was ranked #3 on the Top 10 list. Genie was also named as one of the Top 50 Women Super Lawyers in Southern California. CLICK HERE for the complete list in the 2017 Super Lawyers Magazine.