Lead Trial Attorney
Phone: (213) 805-5301
Fax: (213) 805-5306
About Employment and Civil Rights Lawyer Genie Harrison
Employment cases do not often result in seven figure verdicts or settlements, but Los Angeles employment attorney Genie Harrison has obtained a number of seven figure results. She has also co-chaired two trials that resulted in eight figure judgments. Of course, Ms. Harrison has also represented countless employees in cases that resulted in five and six figure outcomes as well. In fact, some of her most satisfying cases are modest in dollar value, but immense in human value. In those cases, her clients often keep their jobs, make up for the harm they suffered, move on with their lives and avoid the drain on their lives that comes from being involved in litigation.
The results Ms. Harrison has obtained speak for themselves – both in terms of compensation obtained for her clients who have been harmed and in terms of the change she has created. Ms. Harrison has been acknowledged with rare distinction: she has been named to the Southern California Super Lawyers List in Plaintiff’s Employment litigation for nine years in a row (2009-2017), for which only 5% of all attorneys in the state qualify in any single year, and is one of only two women lawyers in the state of California named by the Daily Journal as one of the state’s Top Labor & Employment lawyers five years in a row (2009-2013), and also in 2016 and 2017.
In 2016 and 2017, Genie Harrison was listed on the list of Top 10 Super Lawyers in Southern California. Most recently, she has been ranked #3 on that prestigious list.
Ms. Harrison works to advance the trial skills of plaintiffs’ counsel through her volunteer work on boards and committees of various trial lawyer organizations, through her training and speaking at numerous conferences throughout the state over the year, and through writing various published articles. Significantly, Ms. Harrison has served in the following capacity for various organizations:
- Ms. Harrison is a fierce advocate of employee rights, devoted to representing plaintiff representation, and is actively involved in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), the nation’s largest local association of plaintiffs’ attorneys. She has served on the Board of Governors since 2008 and has Co-Chaired CAALA’s Annual Las Vegas Convention for three years. In September 2015, Ms. Harrison was elected to the 2016 Executive Committee and currently serves as its Treasurer. In 2021, she will become the President of the 2,500-member organization.
- From 2008 through 2014, Ms. Harrison has served as a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Labor & Employment Section Executive Committee (LACBA).
- During 2008, she served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC).
Ms. Harrison was also honored to volunteer her time to work with the Los Angeles County Superior Court on its Employment CRASH programs in 2011 and 2012. Experienced plaintiff and defense employment lawyers in the Los Angeles area were called upon by the Los Angeles County Superior Court to serve as Settlement Officers to assist the Court in resolving employment lawsuits. Ms. Harrison served as a Settlement Officer for the program.
Genie Harrison is an outstanding advocate for plaintiffs in employment and civil rights cases. She does this work because she believes that you deserve justice.
- California, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, CA, J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1992
- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois,
B.S., International Business, 1989
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS: (Click on each association listed below for additional information)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, (CAALA), Executive Committee Treasurer (2017)
- California Women’s Law Center, (CWLC) Board Member
- California Employment Lawyers, (CELA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, (CAOC)
- National Employment Lawyers Association, (NELA)
- The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities
- The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
GENIE HARRISON IN THE MEDIA:
Genie Harrison’s Analysis of FBI Director James Comey’s Hearing at Law360.com
June 12, 2017 – “Comey Hearing Parallels What Fired Employees Face in Court” by Genie Harrison
CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LAW360.COM >
LA Times Seeks Genie Harrison’s Expert Opinion On Uber Sexual Harassment Case
June 7, 2017 – “Uber won’t name and shame the alleged harassers it fired, and it doesn’t have to” by Tracey Lien, LA Times CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LATIMES.COM >
Genie Harrison’s Analysis of FBI Director James Comey’s Firing on Law360.com
June 6, 2017 – “When Your Boss Isn’t Decent Enough to Say, ‘You’re Fired’” by Genie Harrison
CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY AT LAW360.COM >
Genie Harrison in June 2017 Issue of Angeleno Magazine
June 1, 2017 – Genie Harrison is honored to have been included in Angeleno Magazine’s June 2017 issue featuring Angeleno’s Power Players, profiles of business people who are some of the best influencers and contributors in Los Angeles. CLICK HERE to see Genie Harrison’s profile in the digital edition of Angeleno.
Genie Harrison Interviewed by The Independent About Sexual Harassment
April 12, 2017 – “Sexual Harassment Laws Leave Gap for VCs, Founders” by Reed Albergotti, The Independent CLICK HERE TO READ THE STORY >
Genie Harrison Ranked #3 by Super Lawyers Magazine
January 26, 2017 – Genie Harrison was named among the Top 10 Super Lawyers in Southern California for the second year in a row. This year, she was ranked #3 on the Top 10 list. Genie was also named as one of the Top 50 Women Super Lawyers in Southern California. CLICK HERE for the complete list in the 2017 Super Lawyers Magazine.
Genie Harrison in December 2016 Issue of Angeleno Magazine
December 1, 2016 – Genie Harrison is included in Angeleno Magazine’s December 2016 Issue featuring Dynamic Women in Los Angeles. Angeleno is honoring extraordinary women who are dynamic leaders in their field. CLICK HERE to see Genie Harrison’s profile in the digital edition of Angeleno Magazine.