Mary’s practice focuses on employment law, sexual harassment, and sexual abuse victims’ rights advocacy.
Mary Olszewska is a trial lawyer at The Genie Harrison Law Firm. She joined the firm in 2017 from a boutique commercial litigation law firm in Miami where she clerked then practiced since 2008. Mary’s practice focuses on employment law, sexual harassment, and sexual abuse victims’ rights advocacy.
Her passion for justice and dedication to victims’ rights has been recognized in both Los Angeles and Miami. Her honors include: Super Lawyer’s Southern California’s Rising Star (2016-2018), Super Lawyer’s Florida’s Rising Star (2016-2017), and Business Leader Magazine’s South Florida Women Extraordinaire (2010).
As a student at Florida International University, College of Law, Mary received the Excellence for the Future Award in Constitutional Law and worked as a graduate assistant to Dr. Stanley Fish, a prolific literary scholar, op-ed columnist for the New York Times, and a Davidson-Kahn Distinguished Professor of Law and Humanities.
Outside of the law, Mary mentors a high school student through the I Have a Dream Foundation, an organization supporting children and youth in under-resourced communities to help achieve their full potential by promoting the values of higher education and career success. She also reads cookbooks like novels, listens to NPR and podcasts, spoils her dog, and debates just about everything with her husband.
- Represented and settled a nationwide consumer class of 2013-2014 Nissan Pathfinder and 2014 Infiniti JX35/QX60 owners.Batista, et al. v. Nissan North America, Inc.
- Represented a real estate developer in a high-profile suit against Patrick Riley, president and general manager of the Miami Heat, for a $8.8 million promoter fee on a $77.9 million real estate development project in Ft. Myers, Florida. After a two-week jury trial, the case resolved during jury deliberations. Randall Hill v. Patrick Riley
- Obtained a $12.5 million-dollar jury verdict for a sexual abuse victim.
More About Mary Olszewska:
Trial attorney Mary Olszewska joined the Genie Harrison Law firm in 2017 to focus on commercial litigation, employment law, sexual harassment, and sexual abuse victims’ rights advocacy.
- California 2009, U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Florida 2010, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Minnesota 2013
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida, J.D. Cum Laude2009
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, B.S. 2004
- Mary is a member of the American Association for Justice — the world’s largest trial bar promoting a fair and effective justice system — and Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles which empowers Plaintiff attorneys to achieve justice.
- 10/18 — “Me too” and “not me too” evidence in employment litigation: Proving that an employee harassed or the employer discriminated against similarly situated individuals other than the plaintiff. By Genie Harrison, Mary Olszewska and Amber Phillips for The Advocate. Read the complete story HERE >